EFF 2014 Elections Manifesto
Fundamental campaign document of the radical South African political party Economic Freedom Fighters. Includes a preface by Julius Malema, President of the EFF.
"Central to our programme is a struggle for democratic ownership and control of the key means of production by the people. Our programme is socialist. As a Marxist-Leninist Fanonian organisation, we believe that it is only through a socialist transformation programme, that we will end the suffering of our people. Key components of this socialist programme are contained in our Election Manifesto."
The Seven Pillars of the party's programme:
1) Expropriation of South Africa’s land without compensation for equal redistribution...
2) Nationalisation of mines, banks, and other strategic sectors of the economy, without compensation.
3) Building state and government capacity, which will lead to the abolition of tenders.
4) Free quality education, healthcare, houses, and sanitation.
5) Massive protected industrial development to create millions of sustainable jobs, including the introduction of minimum wages in order to close the wage gap between the rich and the poor, close the apartheid wage gap and promote rapid career paths for all people in the workplace.
6) Massive development of the African economy and advocating for a move from reconciliation to justice on the entire continent.
7) Open, accountable, corrupt-free government and society without fear of victimisation by state agencies.
INTRODUCTION BY JULIUS MALEMA. -- pp. 1-3.
BACKGROUND. -- pp. 4-5.
SECTION 1: WHERE ARE WE AS SOUTH AFRICA IN 2014? 27 PROBLEMS. -- pp. 6-8
SECTION 2: CONTEXT OF COMMITMENTS AND PROGRAMMES OF EFF GOVERNMENT. -- pg. 9
SECTION 3: ECONOMIC EMANCIPATION FOR RAPID ECONOMIC AND INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT. -- pp. 10-12.
SECTION 4: PROVISION OF QUALITY SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION, DEVELOPMENT AND WELFARE SERVICES. -- pp. 13-21.
SECTION 5: RADICAL TRANSFORMATION OF STATE INTO A PEOPLEâS DRIVEN STATE AND GOVERNANCE. -- pp. 22-24.
SECTION 6: HOW EFF GOVERNMENT WILL REALISE ITS COMMITMENTS. -- pp. 25-27.
SECTION 7: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, COOPERATION AND SOLIDARITY. -- pp. 28-29.
SECTION 8: SECTORAL AND SPECIFIC COMMITMENT MADE BY THE EFF IN THE MANIFESTO CONSULTATION PROCESS. -- pp. 30-31.
CONCLUSION. -- pg. 32.